Friday, May 8, 2015

Coming back to religious education and wondering about perpetual volunteerism

The last few years have been ones of great change for me and the change keeps coming. But in the meantime, I find myself returning to my leading to facilitate religious education collaboration, to act with others to create the space and time to teach all ages about Quakerism. Thus much of my time these days is spent working with the QREC, Quaker Religious Education Collaborative, (www.quakers4re.org), as well as continuing work with QUIP, Quakers Uniting In Publications (www.quakerquip.org). Another completely volunteer group, you say? There is a special openness that comes with collaboration around our spiritual work when none of us is earning our living from the work. But then how do we approach supporting the work financially? And ourselves? I wonder what others think?

No comments:

Post a Comment